Posts tagged ‘Apples’
…just one of those food couples that are meant to be together.
Wow, Wednesday’s already come and gone. It’s all downhill to Spring Break from here!
Being the foodie that I am, I decided last night what I wanted to have for breakfast today…which was a waffle sandwich in honor of Waffle Wednesday! My taste buds were woken up on the right side of the bed today – holy yum!
…plus a jam jar of 1% milk
Apricot & Almond Element Bar
Dried Apricots + Dark Chocolate Almonds [6 each]
Carrot & Cucumber
1/2 Apple + Sharp White Cheddar
It was absolutely gorgeous weather today, so between my two sets of classes I took a stroll in the sunshine to Starbucks to redeem my free beverage coupon.
I nibbled on my Element Bar while sipping on my decaf – extra foam – latte. I know I tell ya every time, but these bars always dominate my hunger! I got through the rest of the day – no problem.
I then wandered around my lovely campus, capturing any slight signs of Spring.
Move It In March
Today’s trip to The Resort included…
3.25-mile treadmill run:
5 minutes @ 6.2mph
5 minutes @ 6.4mph [2.0 incline]
10 minutes @ 6.8mph [1.0 incline]
5 minutes @ 6.4mph [2.0 incline]
5 minutes @ 6.2mph
1.5-mile indoor track run [7:14/6:12 negative split]
5.25-mile ride [15-minute spin]
Almost forgot…I finally did some strength training today too, including: lunges, squats, side dips and bicep curls.
I want to give a shoutout to all the RDs today in honor of National Registered Dietitian’s Day! Your hard work is appreciated.
Hope you had a wonderful Wednesday. Talk soon!
I felt like Plain Jane in the rain today. Darn rain…I’m ready for Spring already. At least I have my bright bowls to help cheer things up a bit.
Yellow Bowl Take 1
Yellow Bowl Take 2
Simple School Snack
Between Simple School Snack and Dinner, I played around at The Resort:
- RUN – 1.5 miles
- WALK – 0.5 miles
- ZUMBA – 1 hour
- 3 x 20 stability ball crunches
Your Questions Answered
1) What is your favorite part of college? What do you want to do after college?
I love college for a lot of reasons. I have attended two different universities and they have each given me two totally different, yet wonderful experiences. I loved living on campus my first two years of college and the lasting friendships that I made with my roommates. I also enjoy the independence that I’ve gained while living away from home. I do not know exactly what I want to do after college (in terms of a specific job), but I am 98% positive I want it to incorporate food & writing. I’d also love to travel around Europe after graduation.
2) How do you feel about going out on weekends & drinking?I enjoy going out on occasion, but I’m not a social butterfly. I do drink occasionally, but excessive drinking/partying and a healthy lifestyle do not exactly go hand-in-hand…so it is not something I do frequently. I have had my share of crazy, college nights though : )
3) When did you become interested in health?Long story short, about 7th or 8th grade. My interest continues to grow each and every day.
Thank you all for your questions. I will be answering more of your questions soon, but I need to take care of this tired body and achy head…
It’s almost that time again…time for my 2 hours of trash TV for the week. You can give me all the crap you want about watching The Bachelor, but it’s one of my guilty pleasures. Before ogling over the stud of a bachelor for the rest of the night, let me inform you about today’s eats.
Lunch = leftovers…a slice of savory pie + 1/2 an apple.
- handful of bittersweet chocolate chips + 12 oz. non fat latte
- 1/2 cup o% Oikos, 1/2 banana & granola
Dinner = sushi…oh, how I’ll miss you Tempura Roll.
[Insert Chocolove – 65% cocoa- dark chocolate here.]
Ok, that’s it. The show has started and I want to give it my full attention : )
What are your guilty pleasures – TV, food…?
Today consisted of going from one meal to the next…story of my life, right? I met my mom at Renata’s Creperie on her lunch break. I had no room in my belly for a crepe, since I had practically eaten breakfast moments ago, but I found a little room for salad (my mom had the same).
– mixed greens, onion, carrot, feta & sunflower seeds + a dijon vinaigrette –
Next it was to Cafe Brio to hang with my friend Hannah one final time before she flew South to go home. I had a lovely soy latte and chocolate walnut brownie bite – isn’t it cute?
Not long after that (we met at 4:00pm), I was thinking about what to make for dinner. The girls were talking about making homemade pizza for dinner, so I decided to copy their idea.
- Alvarado Street Bakery California Style Pizza Bread with local basil pesto, tomato, red onion, ricotta & parm
- lettuce, tomato, avocado, cucumber with olive oil & seasoned rice vinegar + fresh pepper
Already thinking about tomorrow’s eats. I tell ya, food is on my mind 24/7. I have to decide on a dessert recipe for another get-together manana. Got it…gingerbread!
Your FOODIE on the Run
I’m convinced it’s Saturday. Everything tells me so…
1) My mom made a huge breakfast this morning before my brother had to catch his flight home to Montana. See ya in May, bro! My mom’s best meal is breakfast by far.
(Veggie Frittata – Potato, Zucchini, Tomato, Scallions & Cheese)
Morning Glory Muffins – Apple, Carrot, Pecans & Coconut
Tropical Papaya & Kiwi with Lime
2) I’m still in my PJs @ 2:30pm.
3) I haven’t showered or exercised!
4) I’ve done nothing notably productive.
5) Colbie Caillat & Amos Lee are keeping me company on this dreary, wet day.
Hoping to squeeze in another 40 on the treadmill and then get ready for my “date night” with Court!
Don’t miss out:
See you next year decade!
After an event-FULL holiday week, I was ready for a simple bowl of oats for breakfast. No more huge brunches please : )
- 1 cup H20
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 apple
- cinnamon & honey
- splash of low-fat milk
Today is nothing but cleaning, errands & blogging. Speaking of…
FOLLOW ME on TWITTER @ HILLontherun
To a tasty Tuesday,